To run the Union Server you will need Java 1.6. To check your system's current Java version, issue the following command-line command:
Windows and Unix/Linux users can download Java here.
Mac users note:
- As of April 2009, Java 1.6 requires the 64-bit version of Mac OSX
- To download Java, use Software Update, under the Apple menu. However, note that Software Update may not change the system default version of Java to latest version of Java. To ensure that Union runs under Java 1.6 or higher, edit Union's startup and shutdown scripts to point directly to the desired version of Java. For example, to run Union under Java 1.6, change java to /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java in both startserver.sh and stopserver.sh. Alternatively, change system's symbolic link for java as follows:
sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java /usr/bin/java
- Download jsr223-engines.tar.gz (or jsr223-engines.zip) from the Scripting Home Page
- gunzip/untar (or unzip) it to a directory outside of your Union install
- unzip the Rhino distribution to a directory outside of your Union install
- From that directory copy js.jar to UNION_HOME/lib
- Add js-engine.jar and js.jar to the CLASSPATH in the startserver script (startserver.sh for Mac, Unix, startserver.bat for windows) found in UNION_HOME. See below for examples.